Thursday, April 9, 2009

Slowing down...

Been awhile since I posted! Sorry, Jen!

I've been running, though this week not as much. I ran in a 10K on Sunday. That was fun, but definitely showed me that I need to run more races to get comfortable doing so. I was a little stressed! I had a side stitch for the first three miles...sucked! But after that it seemed to go away, and I started to increase speed. I finished with a time of 57:14, which was just over a 9:20 mile average. I was thrilled with that!

I did p90X on tuesday, legs and arms. Oh and abs too though not P90x. The leg workout really helps my knees not hurt when I run. It's amazing how motivating that is.

Today I did another 6, but much slower. Finished at 1:01:04. It was VERY windy today and it is not fun to run in it. But I'm happy I train outside. I could tell the difference between outside runners and inside runners at the race on Sunday. The inside runners didn't change their strides or pace for downhills, but slowed way down for up hills. I passed a lot of people both going up and going down. hee hee The going down was easy...just longer strides and let gravity do the rest!

My first half marathon is coming up at the end of April. I'm nervous that I'm not training enough! (And not eating right.) I think I need an intervention for my addiction to snack food.

No comments:

Post a Comment